Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Perfect Start, Except I Didn't Cheat

Okay, 4-0 in the wild-card round, so I'm feeling pretty good. Here goes nothing...

Seahawks @ Packers: Everyone remembers their last playoff meeting, coincidentally enough the last time Favre and the Pack won a playoff game. Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck said, after winning the overtime coin toss, "we want the ball, and we're going to score." Of course, Hasselbeck threw a pick to Al Harris, who ran it back for the winning touchdown.

I'm not sold on the Pack this year, as they had a relatively easy schedule. Seattle looked good in the 4th quarter last week, but they still weren't great. This one will be close, but the Seahawks pull it out; I see Favre throwing a pick in the 4th to seal it for Seattle. Seattle 24, Green Bay 20.

Jaguars @ Patriots: I want so badly to pick the Jaguars. Going into the playoffs, they were the "team that no one wanted to play." But you can't blow an 18 point lead in Pittsburgh, barely squeak out a win, and expect to beat the Pats in Foxboro.

It pains me to type this. New England 34, Jacksonville 21.

Chargers @ Colts: You know, every time I read about Pro Bowl picks, All-Pro picks, MVP votes, I kept wondering: Isn't Peyton Manning still the reigning Super Bowl MVP and one of the best quarterbacks ever? Aren't the Colts the second-best team in the NFL this year? They prove it on Sunday. Indianapolis 35, San Diego 20.

Giants @ Cowboys: First things first, the "Jessica" factor is non-existent; the hot blond who can't sing (I know, I know, which one?) won't be at the game, so Tony Romo has no excuse if he fumbles the snap on the potential game-winning kick. Dallas hasn't played well since the Packers game, but it counts now. T.O. should play, and Eli's coming off two strong games in a row. He hasn't had 3 good games in a row yet. Dallas 31, New York 21.

There you go, Seattle @ Dallas and Indy @ NE. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

John said...

Well, here is where your perfect streak ends my friend.
I'm surprised you think Seattle will win. Not sold on the Pack? Going 13-3 doesn't impress you? Jamie, Jamie, Jamie.
Easy schedule? Green Bay beat all 3 playoff bound teams they faced this year. How did Seattle do. And speaking of easy schedules - Seattle won that big MOnday night game early in the year 24-0...against San Fran! Wow, that's impressive, lol. But couldn't even beat Carolina, who ended the year 7-9.
I mean, it's the NFL playoffs and anything can happen. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. Seattle?
Then again, I am the guy who can't wait for the Colts to beat the Pats next week.
We'll see. You may have me eating my words.