Sunday, January 13, 2008

Come On!!

The one thing I've learned watching the NFL playoffs for the last 15 years or so is on divisional weekend, the home teams never sweep. There is always at least one team from the wild card round that takes out a team that had a week off to prepare. After the Seahawks got trounced in snowy Green Bay (hello, stop the run Seattle!) and the Jaguars fell short to New England (unfortunately) I said to some of my colleagues at work today that San Diego or New York would win.

But I never thought both Indianapolis and Dallas would fall today.

In the bits of the games that I saw (the blessing and curse of working in an area with dozens of televisions), I noticed that the Colts had several chances to win the game, but a lack of execution from the Indianapolis receiving corps cost them their season. And in Dallas, I managed to get home to see the last 21 seconds of the game, only to see Romo and the 'Boys get stuffed on 2nd and 3rd down, followed by an end zone interception on 4th down.

The moral? Always take at least one road team on divisional weekend. And don't trust my Super Bowl picks.

The other thing we learned today? New England cannot be stopped now. And that's depressing.

1 comment:

John said...

Damn Chargers.
I'd like to see Favre win it, then retire.
I hate the Pats and it looks like they are going to the Bowl, if not winning it.
I like Brady and I like Moss, but HATE those Patriots.