Tuesday, May 8, 2007

NHL Conference Final Predictions

I'll be honest; my heart really isn't into these predictions anymore. My team is out, and I won't be watching the playoffs with the interest that I did as recently as last night. Also, I went a pathetic 1-3 in the second round, so that adds to my general malaise. Alas, here I go...

Sabres v Senators: I have not picked Ottawa yet, so yes, I am surprised that they made it this far. But they deserve to be; Ray Emery has been superb, and the top line of Spezza, Alfredsson, and Heatley has been the best line in the playoffs so far. Buffalo, on the other hand, was not dominant against either of the New York teams this postseason. I can't believe I'm doing this... Senators in 6.

Red Wings v Ducks: If the Spezza line has been the most dominant line in the postseason, then the Anaheim Ducks have been the most dominant team in the playoffs. They seem to be set top to bottom, and have the goaltending to back it up. And besides, how can I, in good conscience, pick the team that knocked out my boys? Ducks in 6.

There you have it, Ottawa and Anaheim in the Stanley Cup Final. Sorry, NBC.

No comments: