Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Everything's Bigger in Texas, especially the Jays' losses

It was another uninspired performance by the Toronto Blue Jays over the weekend.

Toronto lost to Texas 7-1, 11-4, and 3-2 in their 3 game series. This marks 6 straight losses for the Jays, and as I write this, Toronto is down 8-1 in the 7th to Boston.

This is getting a lot less fun, and with the Raptors out of the NBA playoffs, Toronto sports fans have nothing to cheer about right now.

I know it's May and there have been some injuries, but it may be time for a major change to this team. A trade, a signing, a firing, something to show Toronto's fans that there is a recognition of the problem at hand, and something is being done about it.

I don't know what that is right now, and I don't think firing Gibbons or Riccardi is the answer, but I do know that something has to happen. And soon.

Toronto (13-18)

No comments: