Wednesday, December 13, 2006

NFL Pick - Seattle vs. San Francisco

So, another Thursday game upon us. Is it me, or are these games...what's the word...stupid?

We've gotten used to a Sunday packed with football, and a good game on Monday night. And I could handle those Saturday games towards the end of the year. But Thursday? NFL network? It seems less important than the other games of the week.

Before I pick, I need to talk about the coverage of these games. Bryant Gumbel is a fantastic journalist, but even his brother Greg is better at calling football games than he is. Cris Collinsworth is good, not great, but surely there must be a better play-by-play person available for these national games.

So, time to pick tomorrow's game. Seattle is the easy pick, and I'll take it. With the points, too. Seahawks by 14.

No comments: