Sunday, December 17, 2006

I Don't Mean to Brag, but...

So, as I write this, the Chargers are up by 13 with just under 12 minutes left in the game. If this holds up, my record for the week is 9-6 heading into Monday's game in Indianapolis. That's okay, most of it is just luck, but I was wowed by the fact that I called two games exactly this weekend: Cowboys by 10, and Titans by 7. Of course, now that I say that, I'll go 0-16 next week. Just slightly worse than the Raiders this season. :-)

Also, Vernon Wells reportedly will sign the $126 million deal from the Jays, and it will be announced formally tomorrow. The most impressive part of the deal from the Jays perspective is that under the terms of the contract, Wells will only be paid $500,000 in 2008, and just over a million in '09, with the bulk of his large contract to be paid in the last three years of the deal, after Wells himself can opt of the deal for greener pastures elsewhere. With this deal, Wells gets the guarantee and the money he wants, and the team has the cash to spend on other players in the next couple of years, which becomes easier when the team shows a commitment to winning like the Jays are doing now.

No comments: