Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Final Four

Okay, so I'm 6-2 against the spread this postseason, so it appears that I finally may seem like I know what I'm talking about. But this weekend is extremely difficult, with the home Colts and Bears both favoured by 3, and both games expected to be close. So, here goes:

Saints @ Bears = Both New Orleans and Chicago did just enough to win last week, but that's what the good teams do; find a way to win. The Saints offence is fantastic, both with the run and the pass, but Chicago has one of the top defences in the league. Rex Grossman played an average game against Seattle, and the Saints' defence is good, but not great. I guess what I'm saying is this: I have no idea who will win this game. Hey, at least I'm honest.

I will say this: the Saints seem a team of destiny this year, and I'm not one to go against fate. Saints by 3.

Patriots @ Colts = The game of the year, regardless of the Super Bowl matchup. How fantastic is it for football fans everywhere that it's New England and Indianapolis again? As everyone knows, there are two big differences this time around: the game is in Indianapolis, and Adam Vinateri is on the other sideline. Brady and the Patriots tend to do just enough to win, but it won't be enough this week; Peyton Manning's due for a big game, and due for a Super Bowl trip. I'll have my eyes closed towards the end of this one, because it'll be too hard to watch if the Pats find a way to win it. I don't think they will. At least I hope.
Colts by 7.

There you go: Saints vs. Colts in the Super Bowl. Sounds good to me.

No comments: